is very popular and takes few ingredients.It is so versatile in character that you can use it in many ways to create divine dishes. This is a European-Indian sweet dish.
In my opinion, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that Bread Halwa is the Indian take on the English classic – Bread pudding. The texture is almost similar, warm and gooey, comes loaded with sweetness, doused in desi ghee, much like butter which makes it like a pudding.
If you have a sweet tooth, then you will love this Halwa, more so because it is ridiculously easy to make, taking just about 10 minutes.
What I am trying here is to make the maximum with the minimums. Hope, You enjoy this super easy and fast recipe.
- 3 slices of bread
- 4 spoons of sugar
- 2 tables spoon ghee
- Blend the bread into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in the pan.
- Add bread piece and roast it till it turns golden brown.
- Add sugar then add water and stir it continuously till it becomes little dry.
- Halwa is ready.
- You can also add milk instead of water if you like soft halwa.
- you can add any dry fruits if you like.
- It will take maximum 10 minutes.